Help For People with Learning Disability Needs
During the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we have made changes to our services for vulnerable adults to make sure that they are both effective and safe.
See further information about changes to services.
Our Community Learning Disabilities team offer support, advice and guidance on services available for adults over 18 with a learning disability.
Our services are based on giving a combination of care and practical support in order for people with a learning disability to lead full and independent lives.
Our team comprises of Social Workers, Community Nurses, Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists and we work together to:
- We provide care where necessary and give support to enable and encourage you to reach your full potential in all areas of your life.
- Help your carers and others to assist in supporting you.
- Give advice to keep healthy and to teach you the basic life skills in order for you to become more independent within the Community.
- We will assist in finding a place to live with the needed support in place and where you can feel safe and well
- We provide advice and assistance in contacting providers who can help with equipment to enable you to move safely in your own home.