How Can I Provide The Evidence You Need?

Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service

On advice from the government regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), we are able to offer some extra assistance to those who most need it.

See further information about changes to services.

How to get your evidence to us.

Evidence we can accept electronically

We can accept electronic evidence such as digital photos, scanned images and email documents to support new claims and changes in circumstances.

Evidence such as a certificate of rent, tenancy agreement, wage slips, earnings certificates, bank statements, Department for Works and Pension letters, self employed accounts, utility bills, birth certificates for children can all be accepted electronically.

Scanned images must be clear and legible. Please ensure the original documents have not been tampered with before being scanned. For example, Tipex or alterations.

If we have any doubts about the images we receive, we may still ask to see the original documents.

Where to send your evidence electronically

Email your evidence to

Don't forget to provide your name, address and your claim reference number.

Original documents

We must continue to see original documents being used as identification and proof of a national insurance number for either the claimant and/or partner, for example, passport or driving licence. 

How to get your original documents to us

If we need to see original documents, or if you don't want to send your documents to us electronically you can post them or bring them in person to:

Revenue and Benefits Town Hall,
St Stephens Road