Universal Credit - Advice for Landlords

Are you a landlord?  More information on how Universal Credit could affect you.  

Universal Credit is normally paid direct to the tenant.  There are exceptions including vulnerability and rent arrears. 

 If you have a vulnerable tenant you are supporting they can also request payments directly to yourself when they submit their initial claim for Universal Credit.

 If your tenant is liable for Council Tax, please remind them they must apply for Council Tax Support from their Local Authority