Report litter, needles and other hazards on the highway
Help us keep Bournemouth clean and free from litter
Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service
On advice from the government regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), we have reduced the number of litter and dog waste bin collections. This is to allow us to prioritise rubbish, food waste and recycling collections.
See further information about changes to services.
We’ve got a number of ways to deal with litter to keep Bournemouth a pleasant place for everyone to enjoy.
We provide litter bins throughout Bournemouth and encourage everyone to use them.
We also provide a street cleaning service for highways, public footways, pedestrian areas, car parks and many public areas across Bournemouth.
The busier the area, the more often we clean it. For example, the main shopping areas in town get cleaned most often.
- Clean road signs and street furniture
- Remove rubbish from Council land
- Empty litter bins before they become full
- Help with locally organised litter picks
- Hand-pick litter and rubbish from pavements or grass verges
- Use mechanical sweeping to clean gutters and roadways
- Get rid of chewing gum in pedestrian areas
- Clear major leaf falls from roads
- Collect discarded syringes and needles.