Small graves for the burial of up to three sets of ashes.
Cremation graves are available at the Crematorium and Wimborne Road Cemetery.
You need to purchase a Right of Burial and a Memorial Permit.
Purchase of Right of Burial
- Purchase of Right of Burial for 50 years £713
- Purchase of 10 years extension to Right of Burial £142
- Burial of casket or urn in Cremated Remains Grave £235
Memorial permits for cremated remains graves
The maximum width for memorials on these graves is 450mm (1ft 6ins).
Headstone or other memorial
Up to maximum size of 900mm high x 375mm long (3ft x 1ft 3ins)
Up to maximum size 750mm x 450mm (2ft 6ins x 1ft 6ins), including raised end to kerb up to 225mm high (9ins)
Flat stone at or above kerb level
Covering whole grave space, or any other memorial not covered by the above
Vase which is not part of any memorial
Maximum size 200mm x 250mm x 250mm (8ins x 10ins x 10ins)
Additional inscriptions, footstones or additional tablets
- Maximum size 200mm x 200mm (8ins x 8ins) £50
- Replacement memorial £50.00
Memorial charges for people who have died outside Bournemouth
If the deceased did not die in Bournemouth, charges for cremated remains graves and memorials are increased by one half unless:
- the grave is re-opened for the burial of the deceased AND
- they lived in Bournemouth at the last interment (burial in this grave) AND
- they lived outside Bournemouth for less than ten years.