Licensing A Venue For Marriages And Civil Partnerships

If you want to hold weddings and civil partnerships in your premises, you must be a commercial business

You apply to us for a 'grant of approval' to hold civil marriages and civil partnerships.

The grant of approval will be valid for a minimum of 3 years. You can apply to renew your grant of approval if it expires in less than a year.


  • You need to identify a specific room or rooms where weddings or civil partnerships will take place. This must be part of the building - not in the open air or under a marquee.
  • We must be happy that the premises are 'seemly and dignified' and that they will be regularly available for marriages or civil partnerships.
  • The premises must have all the necessary fire and safety provisions. 

(please read before you submit your application)


Public Notices

Savoy Hotel

Savoy Hotel - Licence notice
Release Date
3 weeks ago
Displaying 1 to 1 of 1