What Should Be Provided By Your Child's Nursery, School or College

We expect local education providers to pay for the following services from their own budgets

All places of education have a set budget to provide services for children with special educational needs or disabilities.

Our local mainstream nurseries, schools and colleges will provide the following out of this budget:

  • SEN support  
  • Getting specialist support or advice from outside agencies, for examples educational psychologists or the learning support service.

If your child has an Education, Health & Care plan and needs extra help on top of what the school is providing, you can use your personal budget to pay for it.