Educational Psychology Service
Helping children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities by providing advice and support
We mainly work with children referred to us by their education provider, this could be a school, nursery or college. We work with young people directly. We also work with parents and carers of people from the age 0 to 25 who need our services.
If you work at or represent an education provider, we can work with you. We can even work with children who don’t meet the criteria for our core services.
We also have a telephone consultation service. It runs on Tuesday from 1 - 4pm during term time.
This is free for school staff, parents, carers and children. Call 01202 456388.
Support may include
- Talks with parents and staff
- Assessing individual pupils
- Offering advice on support for children and young people
- Attending multi-agency and review meetings
- Contributing to Education and Health Care plans
- Responding early to serious incidents
- Training for school staff, parents and young people
- Individual and group therapeutic interventions
- Completing research projects to improve our services
We work with other Council services, such as Health and Children’s Social Care.
We may work with children at their school, at home or anywhere that’s appropriate.