Independent Supporters

An Independent Support service will help you through the assessment stage of getting an Education Health and Care Plan

Independent Support is a term we use for a service that helps families with children up to the age of 25 that are having an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) assessment, or are switching from a Statement of Special Educational Needs (SSEN) or Learning Disability Assessment (also known as a Section 139a) to an EHCP.

Find out about local groups and forums that you can go to at any stage of your child’s development for information and advice about Special Educational Needs (SEN) and disabilities.

Independent Support in Bournemouth

You can only have Independent Support while the assessment for an EHCP is being done. Afterwards you can still get general information and advice from SENDIASS about SEN.