Local Organisations

There are lots of useful charities and organisations in the UK, we'll help you find them

If you want help that’s closer to home we have some excellent local support organisations. You can work with them and get independent advice, online or face to face.

SENDIASS (used to be known as Bournemouth Parent Partnership) provides information and support for parents and carers of children and young people up to 25 with SEND, whether you’ve had a diagnosis yet or not. They can provide independent support if your child’s switching from a statement of special educational needs (SSEN) to an education, health & care plan (EHCP).

Bournemouth Parent Carer Forum is an organisation run by parents and carers of children with SEND. They offer advice and support and the chance to meet people who are in similar situations to you and get involved with activities.

The Carers Support Service can provide a variety of useful support options to help you and your family with your SEND child or young person.

SIBS Youth Group - for brothers and sisters of SEND Children and Adults

Rose Road Association provides services for disabled children and young people, their families and carers. They provide independent support if your child’s switching from a SSEN to an EHCP.