Going to College or Higher Education

When you leave school you don’t have to stop learning, you can go to college or university

If you’re not sure what you want to do when you leave school speak to the careers advisor at your school, they’ll be able to tell you about what choices you have and how to get started.

It’s best to do this before you leave school so that you have lots of time to get ready. If you have an Education, Health & Care plan (EHCP) you might need to start planning even sooner so that we have time to update it ready for your new academic year.

There are lots of different courses you can take at college or university, you can start training for your career or take classes in skills that will help you manage your life on your own.

What’s Available Locally

There are lots of options for people who want to carry on learning when they leave school, why not have a look at the websites below and see which one you like the look of.

All colleges and universities have support in place for students with special educational needs or disabilities, so there’s nothing to stop you!