Going to School in Bournemouth

Find out more about the education provided within our borough if your child has special educational needs and/or a disability

Our policy is that children with special educational needs should go to their local school wherever possible.  They’ll get any extra help and support they need from the school.

If your child has a Statement of Special Educational Needs (SSEN) or an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) we have to help plan how their care and support is given.

A place in a special school might be the best option if your child’s learning difficulty or disability is more complicated than usual, we’ll talk about this with you before making the final decision. 

If your child doesn’t have an SSEN or EHCP get in touch with our SEN team to find out if an assessment would be right for them.

All schools are required to publish a SEND Information Report, which details the school's arrangements for identifying, assessing and making provision for pupils with SEN.  It must also include information for the arrangements for the admission of disabled pupils, facilities provided to assist access and the schools accessibility plan.  This should be updated annually.  Schools should try and publish this information on their website.  You can find each of Bournemouth schools SEND Information Reports linked through our SEND Directory.


Contact Us


General Enquiries

01202 451451


Customer Services Centre

St Stephens Road


  • Name