How SEND Support is Funded in Schools

Find out how services to help children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) are paid for

If your child has an Education, Health & Care Plan (EHCP) and goes to a mainstream school in Bournemouth the extra support they need will be paid for by the school's SEN budget.

The cost of providing support is shared between us and your child’s school. We each have a budget to pay for extra SEN support. If your child needs more support than this budget will cover you should ask for an EHCP assessment.

You and your child can discuss the best way to use the budget with the school. If you want any extra help or advice about deciding how to spend the budget, speak to Bournemouth’s Parent Partnership SENDIASS.