You can ask us for a personal budget after we’ve confirmed that we’ll be arranging an Education, Health & Care Plan (EHCP) for your child
A personal budget is money we set aside to pay for some, or all of the services we’ve named in an EHCP.
What you can pay for with your personal budget
- Equipment to help at home
- Equipment to help with communicating or learning
- Joining in with activities, clubs or going on short breaks
- A personal assistant to help with tasks at home, or help you manage day trips
- Organising work or learning opportunities
You can’t use your personal budget to pay for help from a family member that lives with you or for medical charges like dental work or GP services. This includes prescriptions and holiday vaccinations.
Ways to manage your personal budget
- If you want to manage it yourself you can ask for direct payments
- If you want us to manage the payments you can ask for an organised arrangement
- If you’d like another person or organisation to manage the funds for you, you can have a third party arrangement
This video contains subtitles
This video has subtitles and is also signed in Makaton