Volunteer With the Youth Service
Support local young people by offering your time and skills
We welcome members of the local community as volunteers and have a range of roles available to suit you.
All of our volunteers have an induction to introduce them to the Youth Service and our policies. Every volunteer needs to have a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check, which has now replaced the CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) check. We’ll sort this out for you.
Before you decide to volunteer, you might find it useful to ask yourself some of these questions:
- Why do I want to volunteer?
- What do I enjoy doing?
- What skills do I have?
- What skills do I want to learn?
- How much time can I give?
Volunteering is a great thing to do. It can also be a way to build your confidence and skills if you're thinking of going back to work. While you work with us, we will help you to develop your skills through training and a range of work opportunities.
Volunteering will give you the chance to:
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Learn new skills, gain different experiences
- Improve your career prospects
- Have fun and use existing skills
- Put something back into the community
- Keep yourself active and occupied
Interested in volunteering?
Get in touch for more information on 01202 456227