Information and advice about special educational needs and disabilities for people who live locally

We used to be known as The Parent Partnership. SENDIASS stands for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information, Advice and Support Service.

We help children and young people up to 25 years old, and their families. We can offer:

General help

  • Help you prepare for meetings and go with you if we can
  • Take the time to listen to you
  • Putting you in touch with someone who can help
  • Our Local Offer

Impartial advice and information

  • Offer information, advice and support on special educational need a and disability (SEND) law, appeals, personal budgets, health and social care which is free, accessible, confidential and impartial
  • Help with filling out forms and understanding reports
  • Offer information on the Local Authority processes for resolving disagreements and support you through mediation.


  • Support you with looking around schools
  • Help in asking questions in school if you don't think your child is progressing or receiving the right type of support
  • Support you if your child has SEND and is excluded from school
  • Help you with applying for an Education Health and Care Plan (EHC)
  • Putting you in touch with Independent Supporters to help you with the EHC Plan transfer process 

Our address is:

Bournemouth Learning Centre
Ensbury Avenue
BH10 4HG

Tel: 01202 451970

Further useful links:

Further SEN Legal information / advice can be obtained from IPSEA

We have produced a variety of leaflets detailing the following: 

SEN support in mainstream Schools

School attendance and absence

Fixed period and Permanent Exclusions fact sheet

Help with Transport

Funding for SEN

EHC Needs Assessment



Information about EHCP (Education Health Care Plan) 

Complaints / Appeals