CCTV In Bournemouth
Stopping crime and keeping you safe
Our CCTV system is made up of cameras around Bournemouth, Christchurch & Poole. Some of these are fixed, while others can zoom in, pan and tilt. All images go to our CCTV Control Room.
By using CCTV we aim to:
- Help detect crime by providing evidence in criminal proceedings
- Prevent and reduce crime, public disorder and anti-social behaviour
- Help the police track and capture people suspected of committing crime
- Help identify witnesses
- Support Dorset Police and the Safer and Stronger Communities partnership’s 'Make Dorset Safer' campaign.
- To help improve the town
- To help improve traffic management in Bournemouth
BCP CCTV camera locations and arcs of observation
BCP Privacy Notice 2019
Surveillance Camera Commissioner Self Assessment Tool 2019
BCP CCTV Request Form
BCP Data Protection Impact Assessment
National Surveillance Camera Day Factsheet 20.06.2019
Code of Practice
When we use CCTV we have to follow government guidelines.
Our Code of Practice is based on the 12 Guiding Principles listed in the Home Office Surveillance Camera Code of Practice 2013.
More information about our CCTV service performance in Bournemouth
Some of our CCTV cameras are mobile. We can use them temporarily in areas of most need.
Read our guidelines to find out how the mobile cameras are used.