Tackling crime in Bournemouth
We work with local partners to tackle crime in Bournemouth. This is called the Community Safety Partnership.
We work with the following groups:
- Dorset Police
- Dorset Fire & Rescue Service
- Youth Offending Team
- Housing associations
- Local charities and community groups
The biggest crime-related problems we deal with in Bournemouth are:
We’ve worked on the following projects to make Bournemouth safer:
- The Safe Bus – making night time safer by offering a safe place for lost or vulnerable people.
- Integrated Offender Management – targeting high-profile offenders to make sure they stop re-offending or are dealt with quickly.
- Taxi Marshalls – stopping disorder in the town centre at night time.
- Maple Project – offering support to victims of domestic violence.
- Independent Sexual Violence Advisors - offering support to victims of sexual violence.
- Moveable CCTV cameras - cameras that can be moved to tackle anti-social behaviour.
We choose priorities through an annual Strategic Assessment. We have an annual Delivery Plan
You can read the Community Safety Partnership Board’s Terms of Reference.
If you would like to know more about our Community Safety Partnership, contact Sian Jenkins