What if I have nowhere to go?

What if I have nowhere to go?

You can get help from any council in the country.

You may be entitled to emergency accommodation such as a refuge. You’ll be able to get temporary accommodation in a safe environment, as well as practical advice and emotional support.

It’s important to seek advice. If you have been living in:

  • Council and Housing Association property - you should get legal advice for your occupation rights. Possibly getting the tenancy under your name. You should contact your landlord as soon as possible and speak to a solicitor.
  • Your own home -you should get legal advice to stop the violent person coming into or near your home.
  • Private rented accommodation - you should tell the landlord what has happened. Ask if they are willing to evict the violent person from your home and grant you a fresh tenancy in your name only.