Report online material which promotes terrorism or extremism. Help safeguard people and communities from the threat of terrorism and violence.
Report illegal or harmful information, pictures or videos you’ve found on the internet. You can make your report anonymously.
Prevent is part of CONTEST, the Government’s counter-terrorism strategy. It aims to stop people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism.
The Prevent strategy:
Responds to the ideological challenge we face from terrorism and aspects of extremism, and the threat we face from those who promote these views;
- Provides practical help to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism. It ensure they are given appropriate advice and support
- Works with a wide range of sectors. These include education, criminal justice, faith, charities, online and health. Where there are risks of radicalisation that we need to deal with.
- Prevent covers all forms of terrorism and extremism and some aspects of non-violent extremism.
The Home Office works with local authorities, a wide range of government departments and community organisations to deliver the Prevent strategy. The police play a significant role in Prevent, in much the same way as they do when taking a preventative approach to other crimes.
- The main aim of Prevent is to stop people from becoming terrorists or supporting violent extremism.
- At the heart of Prevent is safeguarding children and adults. Providing early intervention to protect and divert people away from being drawn into terrorist activity is crucial.
- Prevent addresses all forms of extremism, but continues to ensure resources and effort are allocated on the basis of threats to our national security.
Any individuals who are identified as being vulnerable to radicalisation are referred to a multi-agency Channel Panel. This ensures the appropriate interventions are put in place to protect the individual. Like child protection, Channel is a multi-agency safeguarding programme run in every local authority in England and Wales. It works to support vulnerable people from being drawn into terrorism. It provides a range of support such as mentoring, counselling, assistance with employment etc.
Channel is about early intervention to protect vulnerable people from being drawn into committing terrorist-related activity. It addresses all types of extremism.
For further information or to book training please contact:
WRAP Training Programme
Prevent Risk and Guidance
Prevent Training Catalogue
Prevent Referral Form
Prevent Links for more information:
Prevent Duty Guidance
Ofsted's Inspection Framework Sept. 2015
Ofsted Handbook Sept. 2015
Protecting children from radicalisation
The use of social media for radicalisation
Educate Against Hate
London Grid for Learning
Getting on Together