How we support local communities in Bournemouth
Our Community Development Team works to:
- Support community and voluntary groups, particularly with advice and support on funding projects.
- Develop communities through Neighbourhood Working and community involvement at a neighbourhood level.
- Encourage community engagement through supporting area forums, residents associations and groups.
- Support local community associations to manage Bournemouth’s seven community centres.
- Promote and value diversity through working with all communities and faith groups.
The Team work closely with Bournemouth Council for Voluntary Service (BCVS) to make sure the local voluntary and charitable sector are well-supported, email them for more information.
Our Bournemouth Compact document explains how we work with our voluntary sector partners.
Community Engagement Team - 01202 451165.
Please note: if we are not available to take your call, we are regularly checking our answerphone messages and will respond to you as soon as possible.
Alternatively, our Community Engagement Officers can be contacted on the numbers below:
Martha Searle - 07901 701 908
Amanda Nicholls - 07799 863483
Linda Maguire - 07768 615 197
Caroline Green - 07826 893 341
Amy Gallacher - 07384 918 423
Lianne Chorley - 07920 591 267
Tina Kirkman - 07979 593 899
Wilbert Smith - 07584 524901
Sarah Mclaren - 07824 521127
Our community centres in Bournemouth are run by independent charities. .
See what volunteering opportunities are available.
If you are part of a voluntary group or charity and would like help on set up a management team or write a constitution call BCVS on 01202 466130.
Information about getting started.