How we support local communities in Bournemouth
Our Community Development Team works to:
- Support community and voluntary groups, particularly with advice and support on funding projects.
- Develop communities through Neighbourhood Working and community involvement at a neighbourhood level.
- Encourage community engagement through supporting area forums, residents associations and groups.
- Support local community associations to manage Bournemouth’s seven community centres.
- Promote and value diversity through working with all communities and faith groups.
The Team work closely with Bournemouth Council for Voluntary Service (BCVS) to make sure the local voluntary and charitable sector are well-supported, email them for more information.
Our Bournemouth Compact document explains how we work with our voluntary sector partners.
To learn more about our community development team, call 01202 451165.
Our community centres in Bournemouth are run by independent charities. .
See what volunteering opportunities are available.
If you are part of a voluntary group or charity and would like help on set up a management team or write a constitution call BCVS on 01202 466130.
Information about getting started.