Drug and Alcohol Action Team (DAAT)
We provide information about the activity of the DAAT and commissioned services in Bournemouth. We are here to help anyone affected by drug or alcohol misuse, including family members.
The Drug and Alcohol Action Team (DAAT) is the local multi-agency strategic partnership responsible for implementing the National Drugs Strategy across Bournemouth and support the implementation of the Alcohol Strategy. Together with Public Health, the DAAT will also contribute to the Public Health Outcomes Framework.
The DAAT is also the accountable body for reporting nationally to Public Health England on local performance against the national picture.
There is a requirement for us to have a substance misuse commissioning team to ensure coordination, effective contracting and integration of services across the main aims of the National Strategy.
Through the DAAT Executive Board, the partnership undertakes to:
- Work with the community to identify the local issues around drug misuse;
- Prepare local action plans and strategies to tackle drugs;
- Commission treatment and other interventions to help people who have problems with substances;
- Support partners in delivering alcohol interventions;
- Tackle issues around drug supply and crime and disorder relating to drug use;
- Promote and develop the recovery agenda to assist users to contribute positively to the local community; and
- Provide a range of interventions through Schools and Children's Services that help children and young people deal with substance misuse.
The Alcohol and Drug Strategy can be found on the Public Health Dorset website.