Give or Take Days
At our Give or Take Days you can donate your unwanted items and take home anything you want, for free
We arrange Give or Take Days to help you find a new home for unwanted items that otherwise would end up in landfill. Reusing items is better for the environment and better for your pocket too.
Give your unwanted items, take home the ones you want
Give or Take Days are like jumble sales, but everything’s free. It doesn’t cost anything to donate your unwanted items. You can take home anything you want – for free.
You don’t have to donate anything in order to take something home.
Good things to give:
- Furniture (no foam)
- DVDs and CDs
- Gardenware and tools
- Clothes and reusable material. For example, sheets, curtains, towels
- Toys, bicycles & books
- Kitchenware & other household items
- Bric-a-brac & electrical items
- Foam furniture (sofas, chairs, mattresses, pillows)
- Hazardous or toxic materials (paint)
- Gas appliances
- Broken or damaged items
- Tools that require safety equipment to operate
- White Goods, TVs
Safety and recycling experts
At most events, we have safety experts who test all electrical items for safety before we pass them onto new owners.
Organise your own Give or Take Day
If you want to organise your own Give or Take Day, we've a handy toolkit that we can send to you. Just get in touch if you’d like a copy.