Volunteer in Bournemouth
Helping your local community could benefit you too
You'll be helping your local community. And there are so many different ways you could "put something back" into your community, you're bound to find something you enjoy. Plus there could be other, less obvious, benefits too. You could:
- learn new skills
- gain valuable work experience
- meet new people
- improve your social life.
Find out how two people have benefitted from volunteering by reading our our volunteer stories.
Volunteering is for people of all ages and backgrounds. All you need to do is find something that suits you.
How you can volunteer
Volunteer with us
We've got lots of exciting volunteering opportunities. You could:
- volunteer at a local youth or community centre
- volunteer with the team at the Russell Cotes Museum
- become a Festival Maker at one of our major events, such as the Wheels Festival or the Air Show
- help the conservation team at Hengistbury Head or at one of our parks.
Bournemouth Borough Council volunteering opportunities
For more information, or to ask for a full list of our volunteering opportunities, please contact Jack Blankley, Volunteer Co-ordinator
Voluntary and community groups in Bournemouth
Hundreds of voluntary and community groups in Bournemouth are waiting to welcome new volunteers. Find out all you need to know at the Bournemouth Volunteer Centre