Priorities - Health
Our objectives for improving the standard of health in Boscombe
How we are achieving standard of health in Boscombe and progress reports of what we have done.
Reduce inequalities in Health
- Ensure the Partnership tackles health issues directly and also tackles the factors that contribute to ill-health e.g. poor housing, low income.
- Give every child the best start in life.
- Enable all children, young people and adults to maximise their capabilities and have control over their lives
- Create fair employment and good work for all
- Ensure healthy standards of living for all
- Create and develop healthy and sustainable places and communities
- Strengthen the role and impact of ill-health prevention
What we have done
There is more information available on the challenges we face and what we have achieved so far in the full Boscombe Commitment.
Health Theme Progress Reports
July 2016 - September 2016
May 2016 - July 2016
March 2016 - May 2016
January 2016 - March 2016
November 2015 - January 2016
September 2015 - November 2015
June 2015 - September 2015
April 2015 - June 2015
February 2015 - April 2015
November 2014 - February 2015
September 2014 - November 2014
April 2014 - June 2014
February 2014 - April 2014
December 2013 - February 2014
October 2013 - December 2013
August 2013 - October 2013
June - August 2013
What can you do?
LiveWell Dorset offers information and support for: Stop Smoking - Weight Management - Physical Activity - Alcohol Reduction. For further information go to: www.livewelldorset.co.uk
For health advice and reassurance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year visit the NHS Choices website.
Stretching over 1km either side of Boscombe Pier, the Coastal Activity Park has everything from sports courts and water sports. Find a new hobby; try all the FREE activities, hire equipment, courts and classrooms or just enjoy the stunning surroundings. For more information go to: www.coastalactivitypark.co.uk
Do a small favour for someone close to you or in you neighbourhood - it'll boost your feeling of wellbeing!
For more information regarding the Boscombe Health Action Plan, please contact the Boscombe Regeneration Partnership.