Priorities - Health
Our objectives for improving the standard of health in Boscombe
How we are achieving standard of health in Boscombe and progress reports of what we have done.
Reduce inequalities in Health
- Ensure the Partnership tackles health issues directly and also tackles the factors that contribute to ill-health such as poor housing, low income.
- Give every child the best start in life.
- Enable all children, young people and adults to maximise their capabilities and have control over their lives
- Create fair employment and good work for all
- Ensure healthy standards of living for all
- Create and develop healthy and sustainable places and communities
- Strengthen the role and impact of ill-health prevention
What we have done
There is more information available on the challenges we face and what we have achieved so far in the full Boscombe Commitment.
What can you do?
LiveWell Dorset offers information and support for: Stop Smoking - Weight Management - Physical Activity - Alcohol Reduction. For further information go to: www.livewelldorset.co.uk
For health advice and reassurance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year visit the NHS Choices website.
Stretching over 1km either side of Boscombe Pier, the Coastal Activity Park has everything from sports courts and water sports. Find a new hobby; try all the FREE activities, hire equipment, courts and classrooms or just enjoy the stunning surroundings. For more information go to our Coastal Activity park
Do a small favour for someone close to you or in you neighbourhood - it'll boost your feeling of wellbeing!
For more information regarding the Boscombe Health Action Plan, please contact the Boscombe Regeneration Partnership.