Homes for Boscombe Consultation
Have your say on plans to enhance housing in Boscombe
Local residents, businesses and community organisations can have their say on a refresh of a strategy to tackle housing in Boscombe.
The 'Homes for Boscombe' strategy outlines how, together with support from partners, we will tackle housing issues in a bid to change the profile and quality of accommodation and enhance the sense of community in Boscombe.
The refreshed document summarises the work that has taken place to date and also provides an update profile of the Boscombe area. It identifies housing as a key issue that needs to be addressed in Boscombe in order to make real and sustainable improvements to the area for the future.
Key issues that the strategy aims to tackle are:
- Improving the quality of accommodation across all tenures
- Improving housing management and tackle anti-social behaviour
- Reduce the number of empty homes
- Ensure households with complex support needs are provided with appropriate support in the most appropriate location
- Support the Neighbourhood Plan in the development of housing policies which will help to deliver a more sustainable profile of accommodation
The consultation runs from 8th September 2017 until 6th October 2017.
See the consultation document and online survey