Questions, Petitions and Deputations

How to get involved in democracy

You can organise a petition, make a deputation or ask a question to any Panel, Board, Full Council or Cabinet meeting. You must give at least one clear days' notice in writing. 


Any member of the public whose name is on the current Electoral Role for Bournemouth can ask a question about the general work or procedures of the council and on matters that the full Council, Cabinet, Overview and Scrutiny Panel have control of. 

  • How to ask a question at a council meeting


If you’re concerned about a council service or think there’s an issue in Bournemouth, you can organise a petition for people to sign. You can then present this to the Mayor or councillors at a meeting.