Tourist Accommodation Supplementary Planning Document
Find out about this adopted SPD
In April 2016 we adopted the Tourist Accommodation Supplementary Planning Document (SPD). This SPD will be an important consideration in the way we deal with planning applications involving tourist accommodation such as hotels and guest houses. The SPD replaces the previous Tourism SPG adopted in 2004.
The Bournemouth Local Plan: Core Strategy adopted 2012 sets out a Borough wide approach to tourism and includes Policy CS28 (Tourist Accommodation). The SPD articulates how the policy requirements will be assessed in more detail.
Tourist Accommodation Screening Panel
Applicants can use the Tourist Accommodation Screening Panel at the pre-application stage to establish whether or not a full statement of viability evidence is required as part of a planning application.
Terms of Reference for the Screening Panel
Meetings of the Screening Panel
- Thursday 12 July 2018
- Thursday 13 September 2018
- Thursday 8 November 2018
- Thursday 17 January 2019
- Thursday 14 March 2019
- Thursday 9 May 2019
- Thursday 4 July 2019
- Thursday 22 August 2019
- Thursday 17 October 2019
- Thursday 12 December 2019
All applicants must pay a charge to cover administration costs of the Screening Panel and attendance by Panel Members. (VAT has been calculated at the rate of 20%).
1. Major Scale Pre- Applications (involving tourist accommodation of 25+ beds): £1,200 + VAT (£1,440)
2. Medium Scale Pre- Applications (involving tourist accommodation of 10 - 24 beds): £600 + VAT (£720)
3. Small Scale Pre- Applications (involving tourist accommodation of 9 beds and less): £300 + VAT (£360)