Boscombe Highway Improvements
We have made improvements to the St John's Road/Christchurch Road to improve safety.
Works to make travelling in Boscombe safer, easier and more attractive at the St John’s Road/Christchurch Road junction are now complete.
The improvements were delivered as part of our Three Towns Travel programme to improve journeys between Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch and supported the Backing Boscombe initiative to improve Boscombe as a place to live, work and visit.
The improvements included:
- Upgrading the existing signal system
- A new pedestrian crossing on the Crescent and St John’s Road and improvements to the crossing on Christchurch Road
- A new zebra crossing on Christchurch Road, to the north of Wharncliffe Road
- Resurfacing of roads and pavements
- Improvements to bus stops and facilities for pedestrians and cyclists, including new cycle lanes
- Relocation of five parking bays from Christchurch Road to Drummond Road and Wharncliffe Road
- Reducing the length of double yellow lines in Hamilton Road and creating additional parking for one vehicle on Wharncliffe Road
Further works to improve the look and feel of Boscombe and make sustainable travel easier, safer and more attractive include the ongoing improvements at Boscombe Bus Hub.