Consultation on Proposed Works at Tuckton Roundabout
- Wednesday 27th September (13:00) - Friday 20th October 2017 (17:00)
- Road Safety Team, Town Hall Annex, St Stephens Rd, Bournemouth, BH2 6EA or e-mail:
firstname.lastname@example.org and title the email: Tuckton Roundabout consultation
As part of Bournemouth Borough Council’s Road Safety collision reduction programme and accessibility improvements agenda, we are proposing to make highway improvements at Tuckton Roundabout. The objectives of the scheme and how they relate to our proposal (feasibility drawing) are detailed below:
- Reduce collisions on the roundabout by altering the entrances and exits to reduce traffic speeds.
- Improve accessibility by providing pedestrian crossings on the desire line at the roundabout. Two crossings are to be raised, one on Tuckton Road and the second on Belle Vue Road adjacent to the Harvester Public House.
- Reduce cycle collisions on the roundabout by providing facilities for cyclists to bypass the roundabout.
- Resolve congestion outside Tesco Express resulting from existing loading facilities by widening the carriageway.
A presentation on this proposed scheme is scheduled to take place at the next Hengistbury Residents’ Association (HENRA) meeting, October 4th 2017 at 19:30, St Nicholas Church, Broadway, Southbourne BH6 4EP. We are also holding a Consultation event at St Nicholas Church on Tuesday 10th October 2017 from 16:00 to 19:00. Plans will be available to view and the proposals can be discussed with the road safety team.
We welcome your view, which must be in writing and received by Friday 20th October 2017. Please send responses to: Road Safety Team, Town Hall Annexe, St Stephens Rd, Bournemouth, BH2 6EA or e-mail: email@example.com and title the email: Tuckton Roundabout consultation.
Following this initial consultation and taking into consideration views expressed, formal advertisement of Traffic Regulation Orders will commence late in October 2017.