Taking the Wessex Fields site forward
Jones Lang Lasalle (JLL) have been appointed by BCP Council to undertake a period of Soft Market Testing for Wessex Fields in Bournemouth. This exercise establishes developer and industry interest to enable the Council to understand who might come forward with offers to acquire all or parts of the site. This process was agreed by Cabinet in March 2020 following the analysis of the public engagement feedback in January.
JLL are initially looking for expressions of interest from parties which demonstrate;
- A clear understanding of the Council’s vision for the site.
- The expectation of carbon neutral development.
- Proposed uses, including sketch plans, massing/heights of proposed buildings.
- The need to create an attractive and meaningful sense of place.
- The opportunity to introduce a mix of land uses that create a new, vibrant area to address the current demographic and preferred uses.
- The need to deliver development that will encourage inward investment from new employers who recognise Bournemouth as a long-term sustainable investment location.
- The ability to deliver a minimum of 500 permanent jobs across the site as a whole in line with LEP funding requirements, together with healthcare, education and research opportunities with associated key worker accommodation.
- A clear understanding of any Key Issues and barriers to the development.
Developers can register their interest via email.