Plans for a new link road and junction connecting the A338 with Wessex Fields approved
Plans for a new link road and junction directly connecting the A338 with the Wessex Fields Business Park and Royal Bournemouth Hospital will go ahead after the Secretary of State refused the request to call in the decision. Work on the new scheme will begin shortly.
The new link road and junction will enable Wessex Fields to reach its full economic potential by making the area an attractive location for businesses looking to set up and/or relocate to the region.
Transforming the infrastructure in and around Wessex Fields will:
• Create around 2,000 new jobs;
• Safeguard the existing 10,000 jobs (including 4,000 at Royal Bournemouth Hospital);
• Provide a second access to the Royal Bournemouth Hospital site;
• Improve journey time reliability at the Cooper Dean Roundabout, Chaseside Junction, and parts of Castle Lane East;
• Encourage sustainable travel by improving facilities for pedestrians, cyclists and bus users. If approved the plans will play a key part in unlocking the available employment land at Wessex Fields, whilst making the most of the natural environment around it.
See the full plans here.